Sunday 11 November 2018

Excellent Review for Second Book in Meg Sheppard Mysteries Series!

William Bell is a fan of the Meg Sheppard Mysteries Series. He gave my first book "What Happened to Frank?" a rave review and I hoped very much that my second book wouldn't disappoint. 

Apparently, it didn't!

Hearing from readers that they enjoy reading my books and stories lifts me up and encourages me to keep on writing! (My third book is in rough draft form).

Here's William's review, which I sincerely appreciate:

"This is a great follow-up to “What Happened to Frank” and another great mystery by writer Vicky Earle.   Once again, Ms. Earle keeps things moving at a torrid pace, wasting no words while winding the main character, Meg Sheppard, into the centre of a complex web of crime, including of course, a murder.  This book would adapt well to a thrilling stage play like Sleuth or The Mousetrap, with key events unfolding in surprising ways literally at Meg’s doorstep.    

“Over Frank’s Dead Body” is much more than a mystery however, it’s also a treatise on love.  While I found myself trying to sift through the clues along with my new favourite, albeit somewhat reluctant sleuth Meg, to connect the dots and solve the crime, I also realized that I was witnessing the disturbingly wide scope of love’s power. Ms Earle skillfully reveals Meg Sheppard to us in ways that makes the reader share in the main character’s emotional journey - sad, angry, and tortured at one moment, and then hopeful, grateful and even blissful the next.  Love is perhaps life’s greatest mystery and this book is a reminder as to why." 

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment