Friday 11 December 2020

Our Horses!


 I'm a Kittyhawk 

We're caring for two retired thoroughbred racehorses/broodmares at home (Lions Raw and I'm a Cheetah), as well as I'm Dashing, our two-year-old, who we plan to race next year at Woodbine Racetrack. He's taking it easy because he has the beginnings of a bone chip on his left knee. We want the bone to heal well before he goes back into training in the spring. He's on a special supplement as well as good feed, and he's restricted to a small round pen or his stall. 

We also have Dani's Victory at home. We own 50% of this racehorse. He did well this year, including a win on August 9:

I'm a Kittyhawk is the daughter of I'm a Cheetah and the granddaughter of Lions Raw and the mother of I'm Dashing. She doesn't live on our farm at the moment because we don't have sufficient space to provide a separate area for her. 

We also own 30% of a two-year-old we co-own with some friends. He suffered a minor injury and is also taking it easy and will go back into training in the spring.
 
I use my experience of horse ownership and horseracing, as well as country-living - including pet ownership - to fuel ideas for stories for my books. 
So far, I've written three mystery novels - the Meg Sheppard Mystery Series, and am editing the fourth in the series. Check out the December e-book promotion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment